Mass migration from orkut towards facebook by the elite crowd of India?
I have joined facebook few days back after receiving tons of invites from my friends/contacts.I have noticed with all my surprise that lots of my friends have migrated to facebook from orkut.Alexa has already ranked facebook No.22 in India.By opening the APIs facebook has created a platform which empowers the developers to plugin features into facebook and get noticed by 30 million people connected to it.
Doug McCune has already added the flex based ShuffleBored app to facebook.
Here is a screenshot of my friends on shuffleBored:
Some facts about facebook:
• More than 24 million active users
• More than 100,000 new registrations per day since Jan. 2007
• An average of 3 percent weekly growth since Jan. 2007
• Active users have doubled since Facebook expanded registration in Sept. 2006
• Over 47,000 regional, work-related, collegiate, and high school networks
• More than half of Facebook users are outside of college
• The fastest growing demographic is those 25 years old and older
• Maintain 85 percent market share of 4-year U.S. universities
• Sixth-most trafficked site in the United States*
• More than 40 billion page views per month in May 2007
• More than half of active users return daily
• People spend an average of 20 minutes on the site daily*
• No. 1 photo sharing application on the web*
• Photo application draws more than twice as much traffic as the next three sites combined*
• More than 1.8 billion photos on the site
• More than 6 million active user groups on the site
• Canada has the most users outside of the United States, with more than 2.5 million active users
• The U.K. is the third largest country with more than 1.4 million active users
• Remaining Top 10 countries in order of active users (outside of the U.S., Canada and UK): Norway, Australia, South Africa, Lebanon, Egypt, Sweden and India